Notifications
Clear all

New Concept Art

28 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@admin)
Eminent Member

More concept art is always in the works but we only post when it gets an approval from Ryk. We are really close to approval on some shuttlecraft, and 3 other ship/fighter designs... all of which we think you will like.

So to tide you over in the meantime, we are releasing another action scene straight from the books... You can see it on the concept art page.

The Battle Platform design is indeed approved and completed ready for the cover. But you will have to wait for the next book release to see that. But, once the book is out, we'll post it on the website without the titles and everything so you can examine it closer.

Always love hearing from you, so let us know what you think.

(@p-b-nelson)
Eminent Member

Concept Art tab has a rendition of an EDF Eagle fighter.

Admin - with the wings retracted should that be for exo-atmospheric flight?

Mor
(@mordin)
Trusted Member

…and we just uploaded an action scene of the Falcon to the concept art page.

I love it, is it action scene from the Ta'Kara battle or something else?

(@will91)
Eminent Member

More concept art is always in the works but we only post when it gets an approval from Ryk. We are really close to approval on some shuttlecraft, and 3 other ship/fighter designs… all of which we think you will like.

The concept art that you guys are putting out is greatly helping the Wiki out. So thank you very much for that 🙂 If we could get some concept art of the weapons that are being used, such as the rifles the EDF is using as well as the plamsa and energy weapons of the jung and takarans. Thanks!

(@admin)
Eminent Member

Correct. Retracted is for space flight. (image updated)

Will, Glad the art helps the wiki. Private message me once you get a few mins. I have something for you.

(@tomchfun2)

I have a lot of future designs of ships. How can I upload them? These ships are what I would develop when faced with the situation Earth is in this series. They are a simple design that can be manufactured quickly with the greatest effect possible.

(@admin)
Eminent Member

New stuff on the concept art page:

EDF Fighter (mentioned above)
FTL Scout (modeled in 3D)
Takaran Cruiser
Takaran Capitol Ship (This is a BIG ship... Not as big as the Jung Battle Platform, but still big...)

A shuttlecraft design is also approved and just needs a little clean up work and it'll be posted soon.

(@will91)
Eminent Member

Will be updating this on the Wiki! 🙂

Mor
(@mordin)
Trusted Member

New stuff on the concept art page:

Nice concepts. Btw I can't but notice that the good guys are in blue, and the bad in red 😉

----

I have a lot of future designs of ships. How can I upload them? These ships are what I would develop when faced with the situation Earth is in this series. They are a simple design that can be manufactured quickly with the greatest effect possible.

Richard, are you the in-house artist for all the concept? If so any idea if the mainpage image, shows the now defunct Orbital assembly facility?

(@loki)
Eminent Member

New Art! I love the boxcar and the EDF uniforms! My favorite is the new 3D rendering, hands down. I can't wait for till you start doing more of those!

Admin
(@fs-admin)

Michael,
Much thanks. More 3D renderings are definitely planned. They are usually done after all the initial concept art and design stage is approved. So you will probably see concept art first, then later on we model them. We can post some rendered shots of the models once they are approved.

Also, we are currently testing an interactive 3D model experience embedded right on the website as well. We started testing that out on the Aurora's page. We are still working on a better texturing for a bit more realism.

Mor,
Bad guys red... good guys blue... Yup. that's intentional. We try to not be too obvious with it though.
Yes that is the Oribital Assembly platform on the main page. Richard doesn't do the concept art/design for us, but we might reach out to him in the future. We keep the artists locked up in the brig chained to their computers, so they don't get to talk much.

(@loki)
Eminent Member

You guys are sneaky with this new art. You added a kalibre gunship and the harvester without a peep. Tsk tsk.

Admin
(@fs-admin)

Yup... Funny thing about this concept art... It just keeps appearing...

Have you had a chance to see the new 3d shots of the Aurora's bridge? NO? What do you mean NO? By all means go check that out. Those are on the Aurora page.

And while these are are static shots... We do have an interactive version that will be released as well. It will work just like the interactive model of the Aurora.

Page 2 / 2
Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese