Clear all

Aurora Ship Schematics / Deck Plans Posted

26 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@admin)
Eminent Member

We thought all of you awesome fans would like to know that the Aurora's Deck plans have been posted.

Go to the Aurora Page and click on Ship Schematics to view them. This set has a bridge layout and all of Deck "A" (The Command Deck). All 100% extracted directly from Ryk's brain and approved for release.

...and the flight deck is progessing well also. We have the final layout completed, but have to get some revisions completed on them before those can be released. That will be forthcoming soon as well.

Feel free to examine them and post your thoughts and feedback about them in this thread.

25 Replies
(@peacecraft)
Eminent Member

I've the deck plans the brigde is how I pictured it. And love to see how the command deck is played out. One thing star trek never did was put bathrooms good to know there are close ones to the bridge. For when people crap themselves when they see the jump flash.

(@hamsterman)
Trusted Member

Nice deck plans, reminds me of Traveller. The bridge looks a little smaller than I expected.

Well, there were some bathrooms adjacent to the bridge in ST:TNG, only they never filmed them. Bablyon 5, on the other hand, had a scene in a multi-species bathroom. Cdr. Sinclair found out there that he was not in the top 150 people selected to run the place, but he ended up with the job...

(@peacecraft)
Eminent Member

Oh yeah I remember that in Babylon 5

(@wolfman)
Trusted Member

The one and only time anyone went to the "head" on B5. Capt. Sheridan & CDR Ivanova must have had one hell of a bladder... LMAO!!!

I wish JMS would make more of the "Voices in the Dark" series from the B5 universe... *sigh*

Topic starter
(@admin)
Eminent Member

...we also just added the flight deck to the ship schematics page.

Thought you might want to know.

Apoc
(@apocnebs)
Trusted Member

…we also just added the flight deck to the ship schematics page.

Thought you might want to know.

Awesome. Thanks. One thing I found that is odd though, is that there are 2 port fighter bays, but not a starboard one. One mislabeled?

Topic starter
(@admin)
Eminent Member

Yup. Typo... Thanks for catching that. Fixed that and we also added a note to show which doors lower to go into combat configuration. You may need to refresh the page to get the new image.

(@green-phoenix)
Eminent Member

Awesome and I think port flight ops is mislabeled as well cause it reads starboard flight operations and will we get to see the uniforms of the Aurora EDF, conarrian , Tarkan and the combined alliance uniforms ? And when will the engineering area schematis be up?

Topic starter
(@admin)
Eminent Member

Thanks for catching that typo. That has been updated. You may need to refresh the page to get the new image.

The designing and releasing of uniforms and engineering area schematics (and the other really cool stuff we are doing) is up to Ryk. We will ask him and see if he has plans to do them. Will post the answer here.

Thanks for the feedback! We really do love hearing from you, even if it is pointing out a mistake on our part. 🙂

(@nivek1385)

I think that the A deck plans are missing two toilets between the CAG office and the airlock (at least it looks like that's what that room is supposed to be by looking at the Asst. CAG office.

EDIT: I also think that neither one of those rooms has a door.

Topic starter
(@admin)
Eminent Member

Good catch. That has been updated. You may need to refresh the page to get the new image.

(@nivek1385)

Those bathrooms (the ones by the CAG and Asst. CAG) both have gray walls between them and the airlock next to them while the Heads accessible from the Combat Control and Damage Control do not. Was this on purpose or an oversight?

EDIT: It also looks like the hallway between Combat Control and Damage Control have small closet-like rooms with the ramps to B deck behind them. What are these roomsclosets?

Topic starter
(@admin)
Eminent Member

Nope, just some walls that missed the hatching process. Updated, thanks for noticing those too.

Those are just storage areas for "stuff". I know we reviewed that area with Ryk at some point, but I don't have anything in my notes referring to what it is, other than general storage. I do know that there are no weapons there. (see security office). Mainly because that would be a security risk so close to the bridge.

Thanks! We really appreciate the feedback. Hopefully these schematics help you to enjoy the books all the more.

(@green-phoenix)
Eminent Member

Im wondering on the schematic for B deck where dose the medical elevator go and are there going to be any schematics for engineering and c deck ?

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese