Clear all

Aurora Ship Schematics / Deck Plans Posted

26 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

The elevators behind medical feed the lower decks, and yes, there will be more deck plans later.

(@woody-lawson)

I think that medical is misplaced. I think medical should be down one deck and further aft. The plasma torpedos could be moved from the launch tubes to the space previously occupied by Medical. The launch tubes could be returned to Flt. deck operations. Medical would be in a more safe location.

(@loki)
Eminent Member

I think the placement that close to the flight deck is intentional and logical. Makes for easier access to medical shuttles in emergencies, both for ingress and egress. Medical would not be easy to relocate, it would have a lot of independant and dedicated systems like environmental, power, plumbing, and patient care. It's already in as safe a place as it can get, behind 30+ meters of hull. It was built as carrier initially. Besides, there are no tubes in front of medical. They would have to remove large portions of the inner and outer hull, maybe on the celestia since its medical bay is incomplete but probably more trouble than it's worth.

Any more deck plans or concept art in the near future?

(@green-phoenix)
Eminent Member

Yeah when are we going to see engineniring level? And any more patches and uniforms ?

(@madness)

Can you possibly have the schematics show up with a white background instead of the black? It makes it very difficult to look at. Thanks!

(@woody-lawson)

In the USN (Wet Navy) The Hanger Deck and the Flight Deck are fighting decks. On Essex class Carriers (USS Princeton CVS-37 1958 and USS Yorktown CVS-10, 1960) The Hanger deck was Deck 1, Medical was on Deck 2 or 3 (can't remember which) as was the mess deck. The 02 level had Pilots ready rooms some offices and berthing spaces. The Flight Deck was 03, The Bridge was 07 I think, (I never went there). Don't know where the Brig was either, Thankfully, I never went there . Can't imagine the Sick Bay being in the middle of the Hanger deck.

(@four-islands)

It does seem practical when the ship is as long as the Aurora... but considering the size of shuttles and Fighters It would make sense to not move them between decks.

(@loki)
Eminent Member

Any news of new schematics or artwork?

Gary
(@gbone)
Estimable Member

In the USN (Wet Navy) The Hanger Deck and the Flight Deck are fighting decks. On Essex class Carriers (USS Princeton CVS-37 1958 and USS Yorktown CVS-10, 1960) The Hanger deck was Deck 1, Medical was on Deck 2 or 3 (can’t remember which) as was the mess deck. The 02 level had Pilots ready rooms some offices and berthing spaces. The Flight Deck was 03, The Bridge was 07 I think, (I never went there). Don’t know where the Brig was either, Thankfully, I never went there . Can’t imagine the Sick Bay being in the middle of the Hanger deck.

I have been reading a lot of Naval history lately to pass the time. On light cruisers and destroyer medical was just a small compartment and triage and medical operations happened in the ward room on the mess tables.

Medical near flight ops kinda makes sense considering the ships mission profile with the expectation of less direct combat and more quarantines and such from shore visits.

(@green-phoenix)
Eminent Member

Still no Egrneering and other decks yet ??

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

Had to put the Aurora's internals on hold while we catch up on modeling all the other ships. Also had to put more money into putting together an infrastructure that would allow me to write more quickly and improve quality. That involves having a custom application developed for me.

I suspect it's going to be another year before any more internal deck plans for the Aurora are created.

Page 2 / 2
Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese