Clear all

Netcasts and Part III

33 Posts
20 Users
21 Likes
Bill Fuller
Topic starter
(@buffalo24a)

Really have liked all the 30 books in the first two parts.  Wonder if we will have more Netcasts stories and when do we expect the third part to start.  Just wondering.

32 Replies
Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

I'm currently turning the Netcasts into a full book titled "Fall of the Core." I expected the digital release to come sometime in January or February. (Hopefully sooner.)

7 Replies
 Gary
(@gbone)

Estimable Member

@rykbrown  Part 3 book 1 by August?

Admin
(@rykbrown)

Illustrious Member

@gbone  More like April or May. I'm dying to start working on it now!

(@mike_b)

Eminent Member

@rykbrown it's mid-June and still no Part 3 book.  Re-reading the whole of Parts 1 & 2 again (up to book 14 for Part 2 and about 32% completed on that one.

(@sethoward)

Thanks for all your work on the FS series!!!  Will the "Fall of the Core" include the previously published with new material, or is it all new material?

Bill Fuller
(@buffalo24a)

@rykbrown Thanks for the update, really look forward to your books!  I usually stop what I am reading to read your books when they are released.

(@wcfire79)

@rykbrown. Are we close yet?!

Exercate
(@exercate)

Eminent Member

@rykbrown - Is it time to file a "Missing Author's Report" on you, Ryk???  🙂

(@lizzard)

Having read and tremendously enjoyed Part one and Part two, I’m really not all that interested in the Netcast series as I know all I want to know about the Fall of the Core as described in Part One. Will Captain Nathan Scott and the New Aurora have any more adventures in Part Three, or is the Netcast Series considered Part Three? If Captain Scott and the Aurora are not present in any more books, then I will not be buying any more Frontier Saga books. 

Btw, it came as a very pleasant surprise when you had General Telles fight Lord Dusahn instead of Captain Scott, as I had grave doubts that Nathan could defeat him in a challenge.

Selamiut
(@makahselamiut)
Eminent Member

@lizzard I find your comment surprising about not being interested in Netcast.  I must confess I have thoroughly enjoyed the Netcast and all its characters (although I'd love to see an Easter egg slipped into the story).  While a prequel to the meat of the Frontiers Saga series, it is still a wonderful story all on its own.  Same as Arrival, it has a very different tone from that of Nathan and the gang but still has a good story to it.  I have also enjoyed reading Christopher Nuttall, Richard Phillips, and oh so many others.  We read what we like and I like Ryk's writing style regardless of what it is about.  At some point I hope to read the early adventures of that gruff old man Marcus, that skinny moppy haired boy growing up getting into trouble Josh and of course stretch Loki.

My opinion, and your entitled to yours of course, but I vote to give Netcast a chance, you might be surprised.

And I agree with you, having Telles fight Lord Dusahn was a wonderful twist.

(@jlnh)

Rik, some news?

Chuck
(@c5then)

Any news on the new books? It's mid February and I am anxiously awaiting a new Ryk Brown book.

No pressure though. 🙂 

Juan C Valentin
(@jucaval01)
Eminent Member

Looking forward to Part 3.  Based on the ending of the last book, the story could take various permutations.  Also, it would be interesting to see at what timestep does the story pick up (immediately, 2-3 years later, ect..) 

Needless to say,  it is going to be awesome no matter what! 

Juan

p.s.

@rykbrown: I've been reading other series to "hold me over".  Some are pretty good,  but definitely not to the same caliber as this one.  In short, take your time.. Keep up the good work!

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

I'm hoping for a March release of "Fall of the Core." About 1/3 of the book uses the material from the netcasts, with only slight alterations. (A few name changes, a few timeline adjustments.) But there are two more plot threads woven in from the start, so it's not just a continuation of the netcasts. It's going to be about 20 chapters in total, and I'm on chapter 14 right now. It is important to note that "Fall of the Core" has tie-ins to the saga later on. That's why I decided to finish it now, rather than later.

As for the first episode of part 3, we're in the planning stages right now. (A lot of details to work out.) I'll start writing it in late March, so don't expect a new Saga book until Summer of 2021. But from that point on, I'll be back to my 2-3 month publishing timeline.

1 Reply
 Greg
(@ggerke)

@rykbrown Out of curiosity... is there word yet on where your upcoming books will be available from?

(@jlnh)

Is Fall of the Core will be finished on March?

1 Reply
Selamiut
(@makahselamiut)

Eminent Member

@jlnh - Hi Jean-Louis, Ryk said, just today in fact, on Facebook that the book is delayed a month or so.  I will quote him here, this is taken directly from The Frontiers Saga Facebook page.

"Just a quick update: "Fall of the Core" is nearing completion, but it's slow going due to another Saga project that I can't talk about at the moment. (Trust me, if it comes to fruition, you'll be happy.) So it's looking like late April for release. Episode 1 of Part 3 is in the planning stages right now, and I'll probably start writing that beginning of May.

Thanks for your patience.
Ryk"
(@bff212)

Is the Netcast series an audiobook? if so where can I listen to it?

1 Reply
Selamiut
(@makahselamiut)

Eminent Member

@bff212 - Hi - I can answer your question to some extent.  The short answer is "Fall of the Core" is not out (in complete form) and thus is not (yet) available as an Audiobook.  Fingers crossed it will be when it is released in full.

If you are not aware, the "Fall of the Core" was a filler story to tide us over while Ryk worked on the main books.  If you search this forum looking only for Ryk's posts, you'll find what and why he said about the genesis of this story.  Unfortunately, I do not believe the stories are available as they were, the short chapters, from Amazon any longer.  But the complete version should be out within in a month or two.

I really loved the story and the characters and I am excited to see the new expanded version when it is available.  It'll be worth the wait.

Gary
(@gbone)
Estimable Member

I just verified that yes indeed I am a human and yes it is now April...   😛

1 Reply
(@mpstrong1414)

Eminent Member

@gbone  I think it's about time to put Ryk's picture on the side of milk cartons.  Pretty soon it'll be Ryk Who? This is my not so subtle way of reminding the author it's time for an update.

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

I guess I'd better say something, lest I find my picture on the side of a milk carton.

Fall of the Core has been a difficult book to write, more difficult than I anticipated. At the same time, I've been working on designs for Part 3, and I've also been working on a screenplay for a pilot for a streaming series based on the Saga. (Oh, and working outside on landscaping cleanup before the summer heat hits.)

I've got a few chapters left to write on Fall of the Core, which should be completed over the next few weeks. I'd like to say it will be out by the end of May, but I can't really promise that. I can promise that there will be an audio version of it, again a few months after the digital and paperback versions have been released.

It's been really painful for me, because I'm really excited about Part 3 and really want to start writing it! But I really needed to wrap up the Netcasts into the Fall of the Core book, so that it wouldn't be hanging over my head for all eternity! (Plus, there are some tie-ins between Fall of the Core and Part 3 of the Saga.)

Once Fall of the Core and the first episode of Part 3 are out, we should be back to a 3-month release cycle.

Thanks for you patience,

Ryk

3 Replies
Juan C Valentin
(@jucaval01)

Eminent Member

Ryk,

Thanks for the update.   Most of the folks that follow these series do understand that it takes some time to provide a quality book worth its salt.  Needless to say, Frontiers Saga P3 is totally worth the wait.

I am really exited about your decision for the streaming series.  Would it be something like the minimovies they have on Dust Channel (YouTube)?  Regardless of format, I am sure it will be awesome!

Again, thanks for the update!

JC

(@mikeg)

Trusted Member

@rykbrown. Thanks for the update Ryk.  I cant even imagine the pressure this puts you under having all of us knuckleheads pressing you for info.  

I cant wait for more books, and looking forward to hearing more from you in the near future.

(@jhudler)

@rykbrown or an obituary. I've already lost 2 this year. One to COVID-19, and the other to surgical complications.

(@mpstrong1414)
Eminent Member

Hey Ryk,

Thanks for the update.  Thanks for responding here as opposed to Facebook (which I detest).  I get it that the book is running a little late as we all know that defection occurs.  Looking forward to reading it and how it ties in with part 3 when it does come out. 

1 Reply
Bill Fuller
(@buffalo24a)

@mpstrong1414 I deleted Facebook about a month ago, does not bother me and I don't miss it!

Jay
(@coeus)

Was gettin worried about ya bud. No worries, rather it be done right than be done quick 🙂

(@banks1850)

Hi Ryk,

Any updates on the release date?  My summer reading list is getting pretty thin, and I can only re-read the Saga so many times in one year :).  Hope all is well and you're just super busy finishing up your editing.

Best wishes!

-Banks

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese