Notifications
Clear all

I am Justice

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@four-islands)

Good episode! really enjoyed it! Jess being Jess is awesome! Josh and that kiss! New ships to replace old ships! new fighters to replace no fighters! and Jung battleship captains with poor situational awareness... great book! loving this arc!

8 Replies
(@mikeg)
Trusted Member

@four-islands. The only issue I have is that KAS has no way to build capital ships and realistically they only have 1 true capital ship, a few makeshift ones, and some hopes and prayers. In the long term, they need to have some serious heavy hitters as well as more fighter/gunship rapid lift/relief ships (IMO). Now that KAS-A has just been pounded like there was no tomorrow, they are left in a pretty weak position. Na-Tan is going to have to pull something out of somewhere quick ......

But yes, I did like the end where this arc is going (or where I think it is going at least).

Topic starter
(@four-islands)

They are the underdog. I think it's more about the other systems out there realising that it's either Alliance or Jung, those are the two options

(@mikeg)
Trusted Member

Very true, But at some point they will have to take offensive. Even if they stay defensive...the need for heavier ships is becoming more evident. While the smaller jabs and jump tactics do work, it only works so well before big guns have to come in and take down shields, etc...

Topic starter
(@four-islands)

Thats the thing, with kkv's and the new shieldbreaking tech, large ships are just easy targets

(@mikeg)
Trusted Member

@four-islands again you speak truth, but in view of what we saw Josh and Loki do with low speed shield penetrations vs KKV and the use of Plasma Torps. still will take several rounds of impacts to take shields down.

My wish is to see besides the free form jump dog fighting, is to see jump capable capital ships slugging it out in mass. A center core of Battleships or dreadnought class ships throwing out massive amounts of ordinance while jumping around like a jack rabbit on crystal meth and nimble little gunships and destroyer class ships zipping about hitting engines or stragglers....troop ships crashing thru atmosphere as invading troops fall from high altitudes to become blood pancakes and crater cakes....(ok i know a wee bit off subject)

Topic starter
(@four-islands)

something to look forward to in the later books perhaps?

(@nokomisfl)
Eminent Member

The audiobook is now available on Audible. https://www.audible.com/pd/I-Am-Justice-Audiobook/B07HRWZH18

(@harry-w)

A glance at the lively debate and general discourse re-enforces my admiration for Ryk Browns Frontiers saga stories. Definately the most engaging sci-fi story I have read for many many years. So much so, that upon reading the latest episode I actually became emotional as each of the much loved characters was re joined to the story, it was like greeting old friends. Long may this powerful vision of a future continue to be authored by you Ryk.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese