Clear all

Missing Planet

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@darkscribe)
Estimable Member

So I was paging through "The Expanse" (Part 1, Episode 7) for the proper spelling of Dubnyk when I came across something interesting. Shortly before their return to Earth, Nathan and crew conduct surveillance of Alpha Centuari from outside the system. In the debrief later, Jessica reports that there are four Jung cruisers in the system. Two above Kent in Alpha Centuari A and two above "the terraformed planet" of Alpha Centuari B called Bretang. But in subsequent episodes, Bretang is never mentioned again. The Jung destroy Kent, but we don't know what happened to Bretang. I would assume it was inhabited because they had two cruisers in orbit.

I know it may be a case of "Oops! Forgot about that!" on the part of @rykbrown, but I was thinking a terraformed planet so close to Earth that no one is paying attention to might be a nice, quiet place for Nathan to set up shop, a staging post for an eventual second liberation of Earth.

1 Reply
(@four-islands)

There are a lot of Colonies in the Sol Sector. Not all of them are large. Not all of them are worth mentioning, or worth repeated mentions. for example we have only visited Haven 3 times in the story to date. Initial visit, after Tug died, to collect Connor. Just because its not mentioned however doesn't mean that there isn't an occasional visit by a Comm Drone or Cobra Gunship. and being so close to Earth they are likely a very likely a trading partner just not as important as the Tau Ceti's of the sector would be.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese