Notifications
Clear all

Mental block

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@pear)

I've read Part 1 of this story and enjoyed it immensely but I'm having difficulty getting into Part 2. I have the first four episodes of Part 2 but I can't get past the first book (I've only got about half way through it). It just seems to be a hard read to find where it links with what happened in Part 1. I have tried to read it four times now but I can't get into it, my mind seems to be always wandering back to Part 1, which I have now started reading again. Anyone else have a problem trying to get into part 2? I'm hoping the story is as good as Part 1. I just couldn't put my Kindle down through those first 15 episodes.

4 Replies
(@four-islands)

Read books 1-3 as one book because they don't stand well alone. They introduce you to Connor who just comes accross as a worrywort in those early chapters - but by the end of book 3 you will be happy you kept with the story. Trust me by the end of episode 3 I was right back in there.

I'm right up to date and books 4-8 are a complete return to form. To be fair there was a lot of set up in 1-3, and the main problem is that Nathan Scott is such a big act to follow. Ryk gave us a better lead character in this part.

Spoiler below

CT is a neilfinian clone of NS with his memories suppressed. NS is back and bad ass. The story is so much more desperate due to the love we have for the people and places.

Topic starter
(@pear)

Okay, thanks for the advice. I will finish with Part 1 again and then dig in deep on Part 2. I avoided the spoiler, thanks for the warning 🙂

(@ericnay)
Reputable Member

@pear I am having the same issue. I think it is always hard to deal with the inevitable setbacks that a sequel always seems to present. (See Ghostbusters 2).

I ravenously devoured each of the first 15 books as they came out. When Book 16 came out I read it, slowly. Then I went back and read 1-15 again. Then I read 1-15 again. Then I looked at 16 again and said... "Eh". At this point I am staying out of the game until #30 ships. Then I'll make another attempt to get into the second series. I just don't like the heroes of the first series getting their asses handed to them.

(@four-islands)

Hi Eric, read 2.1-3 as one book, they have cool parts we are just missing the captain, books 2.4-6 we're good solid reads, books 2.7 and 2.8 were really good and we have a cool new captain in Connor!!!

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese