Clear all

Facebook message from Ryk

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@four-islands)

Hi All, the below is from Facebook 1 day ago:

I wasn't sure if I was going to share this, but I value every one of you, and don't want you to wonder. My intention had been to be releasing a new episode every other month, but on Dec 4, at 0230 (exactly 19 yrs to the hour since my father passed suddenly) I had a heart attack. I was lucky, and suffered almost no cardiac damage. (Thanks to a really good EMS system.) I was back home a few days later, but now I will have to have triple-bypass surgery on Jan 16. I was hoping to get episode 3.6 finished before then, but there is so much to do to prepare, and I still have to take it easy due to three severe blockages, so, it doesn't look like there will be a new episode until either February or March.

I'm sure I'll breeze through this, and come out stronger and better, but I just wanted you all to know why it's taking a little longer to get the next episode out than the last two.

I'll update you all after I get home from the hospital, probably sometime around the end of January.

Thank you all for reading. I still have a lot of stories to tell.

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@four-islands)

Wishing Ryk a speedy recovery!

(@paulalemon)

Your health is the number 1 priority.  Take care and do whatever you need to do in order to ensure you recover from this unexpected event.

Exercate
(@exercate)
Eminent Member

I agree with most of you readers, Ryk.  Your health should be number 1 on your list right now.  If you don't agree, we'll send  Jessica to set you straight!!!

(@agingkeeper)

Not on Facebook so I just found this post. Hope Ryk is recuperating comfortably. I am looking forward to more books from Ryk, but only after he is back where he can deal with the gig.  

Hopefully he looks at this occasionally. Your readers want you to get better so take your time, we will be here for you when you get back.  I wish we could help you mange any latent stress but know we enjoy what you provide us! Speaking for me I’d love to see you explore other options to fund your work and free you from the Amazon Kracken.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese