Notifications
Clear all

Lack of maket on Amazon

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@mike451)

Anyone else notice that Ryk's books are not showcased like they were a few years ago? I expect this is because Ryk may have rejected Amazons push to get authors to raise prices.

Is it possible to purchase Kindle compatible books from a different source than Amazon? I already use Project Gutenberg for classics. Just wondering if we might be able to support Ryk in a more direct way.

1 Reply
(@agingkeeper)

I have not noticed, I typically make a surgical strike going into Amazon to get the book and leaving.  Not sure what he may have done, if anything. Although Amazon is quite persnickety.

Technically speaking only books from Amazon and non-DRMed books & PDFs can be read on Kindles.  

To change his arrangement he would need to self publish or publish with other book sellers to diversify his distribution.  This would likely annoy Amazon further and the uncertainty might be troubling for him.

If you (or other Ryk supporters) are interested in understanding better what Amazon is doing to the publishing marketplace check out the book titled “ChokePoint Capitalism” by Rebecca Giblin and Corey Doctorow.  In my opinion they have done a good job at describing the state of the tech world today. Your mileage may vary.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese