Notifications
Clear all

Other Ships we have met

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@retstgc)

Maybe some drawings of the other ships the Aurora has encountered in her travels. Just a thought.

12 Replies
(@ericnay)
Reputable Member

Combat shuttles would be higher on the list for me over the big ships. Maybe bridge layout designs, also. I had to adjust about book 5, swapping what was on the left and right in my head, when Ryk was more specific about where the Captain's Ready Room was, for instance.

(@hamsterman)
Trusted Member

I'd like to see the fighters as well. Tug's "obsolete" fighter is supposed to be a flying wing, although I'm not sure if that means symmetrical (think B2) or asymmetrical (think off-angle Popsicle stick). The latter is technically more aerodynamic and has less air resistance, but looks weird and requires computer control.

The Talons seemed to be something more traditional, an engine with a cockpit & wings attached.

At least the Volon ships would be easy 🙂

(@dcl57)

I would like some of the Karuzari ships in the first book I think they would be great for gunship outriders for the Aurora especially if they can refit the weapon systems with the plasma cannons.

(@falonthas)

the talons remind me a bit like vipers from battlestar, just in that they are tube launced

(@colonialraptor)

I always consider the fighters to be like the f-302's from stargate, the human modified Gould fighters.

The launching is definitely similar to the vipers from BSG but they are propelled by the wing tips so I assume they're all flying wing shaped personally.

(@hamsterman)
Trusted Member

If I were designing a launch tube, I'd probably pack them into a cylinder like a revolver, and avoid all the door-opening monkey motion. One of these days, a door is going to jam or not seal well. The hookup would be in the cylinder, and it would get pumped down there as well.

(@mackcw)

At least the shuttles are easy to picture. A cargo container with engines on each corner and a cockpit in the front.

(@wolfman)
Trusted Member

The combat shuttles they have are regular cargo shuttles that have been retro-fitted for combat use... It would be cool to see what the artist comes up with from Mr. Browns' concepts, but not high on my priority list... There is a concept of the Falcon up now... go and check it out!!!! 😉

(@ericnay)
Reputable Member

I think I'd prefer to see diagrams of the Bridge layout, and perhaps the internal Flight Deck of the Aurora. Show me where the Elevators are compared to the Fighter Bays, compared to the transfer airlock doors. Also something small and quick comparing the size of a Jung Cruiser vs. a Battleship vs. a Frigate vs. a Gunboat.

Those are the areas I'd like to see covered.

(@dahedd)
Trusted Member

The combat shuttles they have are regular cargo shuttles that have been retro-fitted for combat use… It would be cool to see what the artist comes up with from Mr. Browns’ concepts, but not high on my priority list… There is a concept of the Falcon up now… go and check it out!!!! ;-)

Maybe I'm just being my usual dense self but where will I find the concept sketch for the Falcon?

(@wolfman)
Trusted Member

Concept drawing of the Falcon here--->

(@thx1821)

Hi

A few months ago i joined a new space sim still under development, the way you buy into this sim is to buy a ship
And because i loved the Falcon so much I bought a ship that reminded of the Falcon, now today I see the new art work and I see I was close in my thinking. Here is a couple of pics you can see what I mean.

Can,t wait to fly her.
http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Avenger

Thx1821

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese