Notifications
Clear all

Ryk's Log and Amazon Pricing

20 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@decker200)

Ryk I completely agree with your choice!! But I am wondering are you looking to get your published in a hardcover format? I know I for one would buy them in that format with out hesitating

greg
(@gregm)

4065 said....
[blockquote]You obviously feel very strongly Ryk.

I think I get it. There are a whole lot of books out there and some have marketing support that make them sound and look like the greatest thing ever. But these books are not any better then so many others that do not receive the same marketing support. Amazon gives you a marketing platform so independent authors can get an edge. Then they pull the rug out from under you, where you can’t make a corresponding profit. If Amazon doesn’t understand that authors like yourself who start rising in the rankings need to be properly compensated (and marketed) for both paties financial interests they are making a big mistake. I think they are just working the numbers. Hopefully a light bulb will go on.
[/blockquote]
Truth is Amazon doesn't care, and there are plenty of so called authors out there to replace folks like me who bit the bullet and pulled my stuff.

Amazon wants to get back in bed with the traditional publishers badly. So they are giving them much better deals than the indy's.

Ryk your stuff IS under priced. Your are talking about a $1.00 increase, where I have seen less quality for 4.99$. It appears that all the better sellers in SciFi have all gone to 4.99$.

greg
(@gregm)

Don't mind me folks, I'm playing with the software reply code to see what I can get away with. After all I admin two sites but this is the first time I have run into WP's forum software.

Bart
(@avanti)

Ryk I completely agree with your choice!! But I am wondering are you looking to get your published in a hardcover format? I know I for one would buy them in that format with out hesitating

Oh yes, I would love to buy them in Print. I just moved to a new house and finally have a big bookshelf that I need filling up with some good reads.

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

I reduced the price of episodes 1, 2, & 3 back down to $2.99, since they are the only three that are below 80,000 words in length. (77k, 60k, & 72k) I also set the Omnibus as free on both Google Play and Apple iBooks stores. (Hopefully, Amazon will price match sometime soon.) If setting the Omnibus free draws in twice as many new readers as it did when it cost $5.99, then it will be worth it.

Page 2 / 2
Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese