Notifications
Clear all

Website design

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@eivind-vegsundvag)

It pains me to put it like this, but the general design for this website is definitely among the worst I've seen in a couple regards. It seems to me the web application is solid, but even as a programmer focusing on functionality before design, I'm having real issues using this website on my phone, and the colour scheme against the background makes me shudder.

I know, this is not a very nice thing to say, so I'll make it up to you. I am not a designer, but I know how to build a mobile friendly website. I hereby request permission to use all publicly available resources to create a mobile friendly template for this website, that is smoother on the eyes, while still adhering to the general theme.

EDIT: Clearing up on the permissions thing: my intent is only to create a new design without access to the server.

3 Replies
 Gary
(@gbone)
Estimable Member

Someimes it is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

My suggestion is build it and keep it private then see if they like it. Even if you are denied for practical or contractual reasons you will still gain from the experience of the build.

Good luck.

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

I appreciate your concerns, however this site was never intended to be smart-phone friendly. The amount of graphics and maps and such that I have planned for the future simply would not work on small screens, and I refuse to limit my options in order to accommodate such devices.

As to the color scheme, well, let's just say that everyone has a different opinion. Are there things that I would change on this site? Sure. But all things take time, and right now, I have to concentrate on books 13-15.

Ryk

Topic starter
(@eivind-vegsundvag)

Thanks for the feedback. However, I'm fairly confident I am able to automatically scale pictures and such based on screen size.

If it's no trouble, I'd still like to make a design prototype to send you. The idea was to not create extra work for you, but rather send you designs for you to consider.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese