TV Adaption, any Hopes and Ideas?

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Zack
Topic starter
(@zack-kenny)
Eminent Member

So Its 3am, and God knows why I'm still awake, I was surfing around looking for a series to read while waiting for Ryks next book, and i stumbled back onto the expanse, which now a netflix series.

I know we have all thought about it, and hoped and joked about this series becoming a tv series, but any thoughts on how we can make this possible?

Anyone got thoughts or ideas on a director that might be interested in something like this, i thought of Ronald D Moore ( Battlestar Galactica ) and JJ Abrams ( though he is a little busy with star wars and all that ) but i tweeted the site to them both anyways for a laugh.

Could we start a petition, or something to raise a bit of awareness, any studios or producers or people we could put this series in front of and say " hey, have a read of this and see what you think... "
though its unlikely to happen through a small dedicated community like ours, i see no harm in giving it some publicity and awareness and see if some magic can happen, get this universe we know and love some traction and fame!
( Maybe the "Firefly/serenity" director? )

8 Replies
(@mike_b)
Eminent Member

Hehehe - no, but I use several actors' voices in my imagination of the various characters; namely Christopher Judge, for Telles - Telles' mannerisms, etc remind me a lot of Judge's character, "Tea'lc" on SG: SG1.

Then there's Tony Amendola's Bra'tac voice for Admiral Dumar or even Admiral Galliardi (yeah, I know he's a 'villian' here, but I'd bet Amendola could do either role well), Ronny Cox as Nathan's dad, and the list in my imagination goes on.....

1 Reply
(@mike_b)

Eminent Member

.....And then there's Katie Sackhoff for Jessica

Josh Hayes (the motorcycle racer) as Josh Hayes

Emilia Clarke as Deliza (older)

Any others have any ideas?

Zack
Topic starter
(@zack-kenny)
Eminent Member

i love sackhoff for jessica, but in her BSG days, shes starting to age out of jessica

2 Replies
Selamiut
(@makahselamiut)

Eminent Member

@zack-kenny I think Katee Sackoff would be a great choice for Jalea Torren.

(@mike_b)

Eminent Member

@makahselamiut that could work, too.

Zack
Topic starter
(@zack-kenny)
Eminent Member

yeah i could see that, but they make her seem like a more curvy, hot chick, Scarlett johanson?

Selamiut
(@makahselamiut)
Eminent Member

lol - this is a lot of fun.  I may come back and edit these from time to time.  Yeah, I know, I'm grabbing a bunch from one show or another.  Still need something for Katee though.  I like the choice of Scarlett for Jalala.

Nathan – Jack Gleeson

Jessica – Laura Donnelly

Cam – Milli Bobby Brown

Vlad – ??? <- big bear of a man but needs to be 25 - 30.  Wait he was ground pounder initially, could be older.

Dr. Chen – Thaddea Graham

Pres. Scott – James Cosmo

Mrs. Scott – Fiona Shaw

Galiardi – Iain Glen  <- maybe switch with Cosmo but I was thinking Pres. Scott was like 80.

Gen. Bakka – Kim Bodnia

Tug/Casimir – Charles Dance

Caius – Ralph Fiennes <- maybe too young

Jalea – Scarlett Johansson

(@jim_leahy)

No offense intended to anyone above since I respect your opinions but I really can't agree with any of those actor picks. Especially not Teal'c as General Telles! When I'm reading these stories I'm picturing a roster more like this:

• Telles - Young Josh Brolin
  • Nathan Scott - Young Nathan Fillion
  • Jessica Nash - Young Jessica Biel
  • Casimir Ta'akar - Mads Mikkelsen 
  • Caius Ta'akar - Jason Isaacs
  • Deliza Ta'akar - Emma Watson
  • Vlad - Tom Hiddleston (he's tall enough but would need to bulk up a bit)
  • Alternate Vlad - Lee Pace (again, tall enough but might need to bulk up a bit)
  • Josh Hayes - Young Josh Hartnett
  • Loki Sheehan - Young Joseph Gordon Levitt
  • Jalea Toren - Michelle Pfeiffer (with some, ahem, prosthetic enhancements)
  • Admiral Dumar - Jeremy Irons
  • Admiral Gallardi - Gary Oldman
  • Dayton Scott - Ray Wise
  • Miri Scott-Thornton - Carrie Coon
  • Captain Dubnyk - Malcolm McDowell
  • General Bacca - Al Pacino

Thoughts? 

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese