Notifications
Clear all

Data Ark and ZPEDs (again)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@sklyerhawkes)

As much as it is talked about, I feel it is time for something neat to come from the Data Ark. Yes, the jump drive was developed from it but it is time for something new. Each book brings something new in each time. However I feel the expanse of Knowledge the Data must hold, isn't being utilized.

Next is something I have come to notice. The Avendal has successfully (if not successful then it doesn't state otherwise, unless I missed it) combined its ZPED with its jump drive. The Aurora and Celestia should be able to do this as well. Now so more then ever since they are getting refits, or at least the Aurora since the Celestia is out of dock. I have heard too much talk about how the ZPED can do all this amazing stuff and it literally has done nothing for the Alliance. It should give the Aurora and Celestia almost unstoppable shields as well be able to be combined with its jump drive (as the Avendal does), on top of "endless energy" for weapons/shields. How can they possess all of these great technologies, far superior to the Jung's, and not use them properly?

Please make this happen. It should have already happened.

1 Reply
(@four-islands)

The Avendalh has substantial shielding around its ZPED's and enough distance to the emitters as to limit the effects of the ZPED on its jumps. The Aurora and Celestia will need serious work to make that tech compatible.

Which I would guess will mean that they will use the Mini ZPED's to do short (15LY) multi-jumps as apposed to long jumps in the near term. I imagine that this will be a phase 2 refit, (guns and shields being phase 1)

I'm looking forward to seeing people struggle to comprehend the mind bending ability to travel to the PC in minutes. or anywhere in the core in seconds.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese