Clear all

Takaran Capital Ship/Takaran Battleship

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@darkscribe)
Estimable Member

I was looking at the concept art page today and noticed that two new items have been added (the Spider Crawler and the Takaran Battleship), but the Takaran Battleship has me curious. According to Head of the Dragon (episode 6) the largest ship available to the Ta'Akar Empire were the Takaran Capital Ships (the Campaglia, Wallach, and Avendahl), but if the Capital Ships are supposed to be the most powerful ships available to Caius why does the Takaran Battleship look more heavily armed with more visible turrets than the Capital Ships? Or could the Battleship be something new we'll see introduced against Captain Navarro and the Avendahl by the Takaran nobles in the next episode?

11 Replies
(@palmer)
Trusted Member

I Cannot see, unless their is a big time jump in the next episode, that the nobles will have had time to design and build and entirely new ship seeing as Navarro damaged the main ship yards in the Takaran System, Unless they were building it in secret.

Could be a New design, which Navarro, contacts smuggled to him as a warning. of course it's only concept art never know we may be asked which version we like better.

(@justin)
Estimable Member

I have a feeling that ship is what Tug has been working on in the background. I wouldn't be surprised if the design was something ordered up by Caius before his death. There are probably still a large number of Karuzari members in PC, as well as loyal Corinarians ready and willing to keep Tug hidden and help finally take down all of the nobles.

(@four-islands)

I see the Capital ship as being the Original Takaran Battleships (Campaglia, Wallach, and Avendahl) as they had much more interiar space for the long journeys between systems at warp speed.

I see the New art as a Pure Battleship, built around the ZPED, possibly commissioned in the final days of Caius. Built not to hold a crew for months, but days and weeks that travel between the stars would have taken with ZPED powered Warp/ now employing the Jump drive. The Idea being that Caius was looking to expand his shrinking empire, and he did need to replace ships that were being destroyed by the Zaruzari. I see the new design changing only very little from the initial Takaran design with upgrades from the Alliance if / when that happens. I could be wrong but it would make sense.

Also Casmir might have had the inspiration to use a hollowed out asteroid as a make shift shipyard to build a battleship in secret as a fail-safe against the nobles. If he is still alive then I imagine his "allies"(if he is alive then they saved him from the nobles/are using him) the Yabaran legion / people might now be finishing it.

I like the posibilities.

Also why is it not the Corinari Battleship?

(@palmer)
Trusted Member

Is it me or is there a small resemblance between the new takaran Battleship and the Jung battleship, makes me wonder if in the story, the capture battleship gets sent of to the PC and the Takaran's / Corania's reverse engineer there own version.

Topic starter
(@darkscribe)
Estimable Member

I doubt that the Alliance would dispatch their largest, most powerful mobile asset in the Sol Sector to the Pentaurus Cluster at the moment in the story. More than likely, the Jung battleship would be sent to the Tau Ceti shipyards to be repaired and examined for intelligence purposes. The Alliance now has a Jung battleship and two almost complete Frigates in their hands. They'll want to study those to learn as much as possible about them in terms of military hardware and its capabilities.

(@four-islands)

The Problem with using captured enemy hardware is that the enemy knows more of its weaknesses...

I see 3 reasons to send the Jung Battleship to the PC.

1) to have more technologically advanced people look it over
2) to help fight the Takaran Nobles.
3) to scare the Takaran Nobles straight. (Oh no the Jung are here!!!)

But I agree with Jason, no way in hell you just send off the most powerful Alliance asset to the PC while there is still a threat in the Core. (the only way it would get there is with a Jump Drive and if it has a jump drive there is no reason to send it there.)

Topic starter
(@darkscribe)
Estimable Member

You have to remember that the people that the Alliance has to examine the battleship and frigates in the Sol Sector are from the Pentaurus Cluster. They're Corinarans and Takarans that volunteered to serve with the Alliance. So, the "more technologically advanced people" are already examining it, probably either somewhere in the Tau Ceti system, in orbit of Kohara, or at the shipyards.

Another thing is that the Pentaurus Cluster at the moment is a secondary theater of operations to the Alliance. It exists in a stalemate between Captain Navarro aboard the Avendahl in the Darvano system and the rebellious Takaran nobles that have sezied power with the help of their Ybaran allies. Sending a new heavily armed, jump-capable battleship to assist the Avendahl could upset the delicate balance between Navarro and the nobles, possibly prompting the nobles to make a rash decision and attack. In that case, the cold war that is presently the status quo in the Pentaurus Cluster would be a very hot war, becoming a distraction that the Alliance can ill afford at the moment.

You could conceivably create a ruse where the arrival of the battleship would bring the nobles back in line with the Alliance by making the nobles believe the Jung had somehow acquired jump drives and were now a threat to them. But, what would you do later when the nobles realized they had been deceived and openly resumed their rebellion? And would their Ybaran allies also see the Jung as a threat or as an opportunity to possibly ally with them? Think of it, an army of Ybaran Ghatazhak ally themselves with the Jung when the Jung (the real Jung, not the Alliance pretending to be Jung) promise them revenge on Takar?

No, there are too many reasons to keep the battleship in the Core.

(@four-islands)

1)I meant from the point of view that, if we have 100 PC scientists at Sol, the PC has 1,000,000. And 90 of our experts are working on other projects... I understand that the Takaran civil war may be a blocker to getting the best and brightest.
2)I understand that the Nobles will react badly to the Alliance moving more units to the PC. But They attacked and killed the guy who signed into the Alliance as the head of two nations. So even if they attacked him as a fellow Takaran, they also attacked a Karazaran. Even if the Takaran Nobles are removing Takara from the Alliance, The Karazaran still are Alliance.
3)Yes the Nobles would feel very silly, and thats a good reason for them to want it to be kept quiet.

The Main Problem I see is that the Nobles backed themselves into a corner, and they are eventually going to realise that to save face they need to side with the Jung... Which is stupid because the last time someone sided with the Jung they had to pick which of they're own cities to nuke. (Eli Scott)

I cannot believe that anyone who was briefed on the Jung would ever decide that they are the people to turn too...

Topic starter
(@darkscribe)
Estimable Member

Except the Karuzari disbanded as a nation once the Ta'Akar Empire fell.

I believe the nobles would feel more than "very silly". Most likely they would feel embarrassed, angered, and want revenge for the deception.

The more dramatic scenario would be the nobles believing they're allying with the Jung and the Jung instead allying with the Ybaran legions to double cross the nobles. The Ybarans wouldn't care if the Jung were to bombard Takaran cities since they hate the Takaran for what Caius did.

(@four-islands)

The Karuzara is Karuzari property as per the Corinari when they were signing onto the Alliance charter. Last we heard Admiral Dumar has taken over as President of the Karuzari. He just happens to be the Military Lead to the Alliance as well. It may be difficult to spot a Karuzari now... but they know who they are.

Dave
(@diamondback973)

@four-islands

I see 3 reasons to send the Jung Battleship [Jar-Benakh] to the PC.
1) to have more technologically advanced people look it over
2) to help fight the Takaran Nobles.
3) to scare the Takaran Nobles straight. (Oh no the Jung are here!!!)

I like the way you're thinking, hehe. That would definitely scare the living daylights out of those nobles, and maybe if Captain Suvan Navarro, CInC of the jump drive and ZPED-equipped Takaran capital ship Avendahl, is in on it, then maybe Admiral Dumar, Captain Roselle, and Captain Navarro could force the nobles who were fighting against Prince Casimir to cooperate (maybe something along the lines of sending an entire battle group to the Sol sector…).

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese