Clear all

Frontiers Saga Timeline

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@darkscribe)
Estimable Member

Has there been any thought of including a Frontiers Saga Timeline in this site? I mean it would help everyone keep events straight as the series grows in length and complexity. I'm only estimating, but it's been what... 2 years since the Aurora initially left port at the OAP? It was 5 months in the Pentaurus Cluster, 1 month traversing space to return to Sol, and now 18 months since the Aurora's war with the Jung began correct?

A timeline could begin with the events chronicled in the series and eventually expand to include events from the past (probably beginning at the 21st century).

4 Replies
Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

In the next iteration of this site, we plan on moving everything behind a firewall. To get past the firewall, you will need to be a member and be on the email new episode notification list.

The problem with a timeline, just as with episode summaries, is that it can inadvertently ruin the story for someone that hasn't read it all. We are considering ways to avoid this, like a spoiler alert before going to such pages, etc... We even considered making challenge questions that you would only know the answers to if you had read the series.

So, the interest is there, it's just a matter of logistics. But, I have been keeping a timeline. In fact, it's full of a lot more details that aren't described in the manuscripts that are their for me to keep track of things as I write.

(@four-islands)

I like it.

Would it be possible to add a Widget; that lets you mark which Episodes you have read, latest Episode to be displayed publicly on forum comments / like a badge of honor. (to help us commentors to not reply to questions with spoilers)

Would it be possible to add a Filter; that read the Widget, and demarks you forum posts, so only those who have read to at least the latest episode can read the forum posts.

Would it be possible to turn off that Filter for new fan's who want to get right up to date ( /get confused by talk of the Core, when they have just reached Corinair)

Would it be possible to add to your info on the left of your forum posts a rank, possibly in place of the "Participant". It could be initially based on years of subscription to the website, Ie people here since 2015 are Crewmen, 2014 are Ensigns, 2013 are Lieutenants etc. (but subject to change if Admin staff feel like it. ie someone spoils the story on the forums demoted, someone helps out with feedback or answering fan questions about the book, promotion) could be a cool idea.

(@palmer)
Trusted Member

If your taking suggestion about website improvements I have all mention in another post about character BIO's but it would also to be cool if there was some sort of glossary of Terms and Names.

(@four-islands)

BOI's & GOT's seconded!!!

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese