Clear all

Writing on the data pad - The head of the dragon

7 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@m-mgr)

Hi,

At the end of Chapter 8 of "The head of the dragon", just before the teams start leaving from Aurora to the surface of Takara, Tug tells Nathan that there's stuff he can't tell him. After that Tug takes Nathan's data pad and writes something on it. Nathan reads it, says "Son of a bitch" and starts smiling.

Does anyone know, what did he write there? I don't believe it comes out at least in the next two books (I'm currently there). Or did I miss it?

6 Replies
(@palmer)
Trusted Member

It's never been said (so far)what was actually written.

I inferred it to be something like 'I am Caius's older Brother' From that Nathan could work out what Tugs game plan was.

It has to be something short, and give Nathab another information so he could be ware of possibilities.

Topic starter
(@m-mgr)

I thought about that but on the other hand if Nathan found out that Tug is Caius's brother, why would he trust Tug after getting that info. For all he knows, Tug has been a spy on Aurora all along and now might be sabotaging the attack from the ground. Or maybe he's using Aorora's team to defeat Caius only to step on the throne himself, capture Aurora's jump drive and continue ruling the galaxies like Caius have done so far - only now with more power (with jump drive). If I were him, I'd call off the entire mission and have a conversation with Tug about this info to be sure he can still be trusted.

Selamiut
(@makahselamiut)
Eminent Member

I wonder about this every time I read it. While Tug only seemingly took a moment to write it, I figured it was something like, “I am the rightful heir to the throne of Takara”. It pretty much mirrors what Tug/Casimir says to Caius when he finally confronts him (and later to Jessica), “…and for the attempted murder of your brother, Casimir, the prince of Takara and the true heir to the throne”.
I really loved Jessica’s expression at the end as Tug’s true identity is unfolding. “Just who the hell are you?”
Tug smiled at her. “I am Prince Casimir Takar, son of King Austyn, brother of Caius, and rightful heir to the throne of Takara.”
“Of course.”
Personally, I thought “Of course you are.” Would’ve been better but that’s just me.

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

"I am Caius's 'assassinated' older brother. Help me restore liberty, and I will help you defeat the Jung."

Don't tell anyone - Ryk

1 Reply
(@mike_b)

Eminent Member

@rykbrown OK, I won't tell anyone, even though I figured it out on my own (LOL).

When is Part 3 going to come about?  Still waiting.  Already re-read Parts 1 & 2 again (for the 3rd time).

(@ken-dale)
Trusted Member

Ah, mystery answered! Thanks!

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese