Notifications
Clear all

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@four-islands)

Ryk says this one will be Mid April People.

Speculation?

2 Replies
 Gary
(@gbone)
Estimable Member

Lets see how much faster Ryk can write during social isolation.  Fall if the Core....hmmm....

(@wotnot)

I feel like I am just honouring a commitment to finish the series at this point, and use up some audible credits.  It feels repetitive, more ship shopping, more narrow escapes, more plot armour, more repairs.  The battles seem to be getting a little sloppy with the details, from battleships going forgotten then popping up again as an after thought, and in this one there were multiple reapers, combat shuttles, and I think the super eagle count was 20, all with kill on sight orders, how did our heroes last against all that for more than a few seconds?

A spaceship salesman is flying around in what is effectively a battleship, and lord Dusahn has his men steal it all while picking at some fruit on a plate and no one lifts an eyebrow? Wasn't it crewed and defended, locked with security codes, kilometres long?  No alerts when being boarded or being approached?

I don't think the series is bad, I think it is still good and get some enjoyment from them, and there is far worse military sci fi out there.  I just need a little venting.  Everyone has their own tastes and this is mine, without expectations or entitlement. 

In any case, looking forward I hope that the Alliance gets to meet up with the owner of the stolen ships.  Those were prize ships that were stolen so hopefully what they retained is more powerful and modern, and could be brought to bare against the Dushan.

The lady brought back from earth (I forget her name), is missing some details which I guess may be expanded on in the next book. The hereditary rights to earth leadership was too big a hook to leave un-visted, but whether that's for the next book or next series I don't know.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese