Notifications
Clear all

What to do with all the debris?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@wotnot)

Not long after the Aurora's return from the PC to Sol they destroyed a Jung cruiser and Nathan ordered a piece of the broken cruiser be catalogued for possible later use. While Ryk never mentioned such actions or cataloguing taking place again, whenever something gets blown up I'm reminded of that early paragraph and I'm like, there's two pieces of battle ship, there goes an entire arm of a battle platform spinning off in to space, note that in the database.

Aside from scrapping them for resources some of the larger pieces could be sealed up and outfitted as weapons platforms, or small and not so small space stations. We have seen one Jung battleship used in a similar manor when it was damaged and boarded.

I can imagine a side story about a group of salvagers flying around looting things, finding Jung still alive years after a battle in sealed off sections.

2 Replies
 Gary
(@gbone)
Estimable Member

My thought is that there are standing orders to address that with one of the tactical or sensor operators. There sure were a lot of good scrap materials floating near SOL after the first series.

(@four-islands)

You have to admit that there is no other mention of opening up new mines in the Sol sector, maybe the Cape Town was build useing those readily available resources?

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese