Notifications
Clear all

Thoughts on Rogue Cast and beyond

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@sheriffbart)

First of all, I agree with another post that a one-on-one fight to close things out would be a HUGE disappointment and an insult to all of us.  The whole saga has been about the planning and strategies employed by Nathan.  A hand-to-hand resolution would be a cop out and a lazy way to conclude things.  Anyone can write a fight scene.

1 Reply
Selamiut
(@makahselamiut)
Eminent Member

Cop out or not, I'm interested to see how we wrap up so much unresolved activity in only two books.  We have a lot of characters introduced to us that have vanished, like Burke and Cuddy for example.  Also some Lanterns being hung that we have not seen pay off, for example the whole licensing for the fancy fighter AIs.  I totally expected them to fail during that battle where they took out, what, two battle ships and a bunch of other ships without seeming to bat an eye?  Plus we need to get back to Sol to kick the crap out of Galiardi.  I think there is a lot of story with that man.  From the first part we know he was tortured and I think I remember some words to the effect of him being reprogrammed.  If so, perhaps we turn that into part 3 or at least some of it.

I read somewhere that Part 3 is where Ryk finally has everything setup to start the real meat of story (read in this forum or FB).  So we have some good story coming our way.  But damn, so much coolness in the Galiardi story line as well.  Do we finish it up (ie finish him off) in part 2 or do we move that to part 3?  Also, don't forget those damn Jung are pretty pissed at us right now.  I can't also see completing that story line up in part 2 as well.  See... so much story and so few pages.  To me that would be disappointing to complete those story lines so quickly.  Let's keep the stories punched up, to borrow Ryk's phrase for book 13.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese