Notifications
Clear all

Ryk, Thoughts on Extra Stories/series in this universe?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 Zack
Topic starter
(@zack-kenny)
Eminent Member

Hi all, and @rykbrown , ( I put a similar post up yesterday, but it doesnt seem to show up, so sorry for the double post )

I was having a discussion with a friend that i introduced to your books, ( and he then proceeded to binge read everything you've written ) and we started talking about how we obviously love the main series, but also what you have done with the Netcast prequel series.
This led to us wondering what other stories you might be willing to write when your taking a break from the main series, and we had some thoughts on some interesting topics we would like to learn about.

1.) The birth of the Jung: Potentially a book, or small trilogy like netcast, revealing the birth of the jung empire in a little more personal detail, and how their attitude twisted into the empire it became. some back story has been given already, like they were a failing colony whos captain took their ship to take what they needed from others, after the Bio Digital Plague.

2.) The Birth of the Pentarus Cluster: A little History on how the planets of the Takara and Corinar for example, their different political/social beginnings, or maybe the cluster as it was before, and during the begining of Caius's Reign

3.) The Rise of the Caius, and the birth of the Kauzuri Rebels and some of the subsequent battles ( wrong spelling i'm sure, but its 4am, forgive me ).

On a side note, I tend to follow Nick Webb and his Legacy fleet series, but what he has been doing is getting other authors to write 1 off and standalone books in his universe following lone ships or events that happen in the background, giving more depth to the mainline story backgrounds, but not actually interfering with them, while he writes the main series.
is that something you might have thought about or would consider, so as not to slow down the breakneck speed you release the main episodes?

Food for thought, i just cant get enough of these stories and this universe, so i put my thoughts up.
any thoughts @rykbrown?

Zack

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese