Notifications
Clear all

Ryk Flying

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@shadow)

Ryk, have you got your instrument license yet? What kind of airplane do you have? Where's your home base?
Inquiring minds want to know (at least this one does).

4 Replies
Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

Steve,

I got my instrument rating in early November. I'm up to about 500 hrs of total time, and since November I've racked up about 3 hours of actual instrument time, mostly shooting approaches in the morning fog. I fly a 98 Piper Archer III out of KSCK, where I have a T-hangar.

Next up: Complex and High Performance, followed by Commercial. After that, I want to take some glider training, and some basic aerobatics. (Not because I want to fly them, but because it will make me a better pilot.)

I'm getting geared up to fly Angel Flight missions. I'm really lucky to have been able to fulfill my lifelong dream of flying and owning my own plane, so I want to do something useful with it and help others.

Thanks for asking,

Ryk

Gary
(@gbone)
Estimable Member

BZ on the Angel flights Ryk. Very cool.

(@dxvictor)

Gliders changed my whole perception of flying. I thought the 172 was fun. When the cable pops on the tow plane and you start to fall away and feel a thermal pick you up, or an updraft off a ridge, man that is something else. Totally silent except for the air across the wings... The wings of an eagle...

Very cool on the Angel Flights Ryk. Archer III is a nice plane (if you like low wings). I want a 182 Turbo.

(May your landings always equal your number of take offs :> )

Don
(@don)

Congrats man. I'm currently trying to figure out how to pay for flight school. When I was 14 (in the 80's) I had the opportunity to play with a sailplane my neighbor had. It was amazing and I've had the bug ever since.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese