Notifications
Clear all

Ghatazhak question

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@generalpyke)

Would the Ghatazhak be able to recruit new memebers? It's shown that people can be taught their skill set and combat style, but to match their full abilities they would have to find kids to train and it would take 10 years at least. In the short term do you think they would be instructors again just like they were on earth after the Jung attacked. Maybe the VR sets will help train people faster but still...the invasion is roughly only 3 weeks old and the Ghatazhak have lost what 75-80% of their force, they'll have to do something or they will quickly be wiped out.

11 Replies
(@ellicottr)
Trusted Member

I think its a matter of resources and technology. They were all grown to be the same size and relatively the same physical attributes (and i suspect some tinkering with the mental attributes as well), and those techniques/technology may be beyond their reach right now.... That being said i think they can take people and train them to be pretty close, though they would not be the same, they might find that they would be as good or even better possibly benefiting from the diversity such a method would bring...

Don
(@don)

Yeah, I think there's more than a little genetic engineering happening there. You don't get much more motivated than Jess and she could just get some of the physical skills.

(@four-islands)

Ghatazakh Training is part Physical Training, Part high level education, and part psychological conditioning. But The base person has to be of a certain caliber before hand too. You can polish Coal but it takes a lot more then that to get diamonds.

Juan C Valentin
(@jucaval01)
Eminent Member

I was thinking about this as I ran into this post. Its fair to say that rebuilding the Ghatazhak force is critical. Much like special operations forces (SOF), it comes down to quality vs quantity (a SOF truth), but do require time and training to make them a force to be reckoned with.

For instance, Ill use US Army Rangers as an example. Throughout history, Wartime/contingency need for a premier strike force (e.g. Rangers), these forces are elite, disciplined (google: Ranger Creed) and tough and take on incredibly dangerous missions. Just like the Ghatazhak, they are few in numbers (SOF truth: special ops can't be mass produced), but the forces they have must maintain a high level of readiness in the event of a short notice contingency (SOF truth: special ops cannot be created after a contingency occurs).

In this case, the best case scenario would be a ship with a Ghatazhak (on stasis) will be found or a good twist could be the creation of a Ghatazhak 2.0 (as hard as that might be to do due to the timeline). Either way, I'm sure Ryk will do an awesome job with the story.

(@four-islands)

I have noticed that much more time passes in Part 1 (2 Years) then Part 2 (a few months) so what ever happens with the Ghatazhak, it will likely not happen in this Part.

I do see the possibility of a cloned Ghatazhak Army, because cloning is a thing and the genie is out of the bottle but I'm not sure how well that idea would be perceived by any of the peoples of this universe. Unless there was a limit placed on the number of Ghatazhak Clones at any one time I dont see it being accepted by the worlds of the FS. Not that they could stop it. There could be 1000s of Ghatazhak with this in mind or more likely a few but leading teams of highly trained non Ghatazhak troops like what happened in Part 1, and this will likely happen without cloning in Part 2 anyway.

A cloned Ghatazhak is as stigmatized as any other clone until you realise that the Ghatazhak where always meant to be interchangeable in every way. Taken like that, it doesn't bother me so much anymore.

I am curious about what happened to the Ghatazhak that the Takaran Nobles Captured from cold storage. Did they get frozen again during the cold war? Could they be a possible future addition to the Takaran Resistance?

Were all of the Ybaran Ghatazhak land bound when the Dushan attacked? I imagine that they would have been doing something similar to the Former Alliance Ghatazhak and working "Security gig's" on other worlds. There are surely one or two out there to throw a spanner in the Dushan's works

Bill
(@eternal)

First, Hello!1

For all the reasons mentioned above, my first thought when cloning was introduced was the Ghatazhak (could/would) be prime candidates. Obviously resources would be a challenge at this point and cloning would feed into the misguided perceptions, but as a practical matter their training cannot be easily replaced.

(@four-islands)

If the Cloning method used on Nathan is used for the Ghatazahk then that would make them even more terrifying imagine the increased reaction times and the quicker learning aspects we have seen in Nathan!!! Amazing!!!

Juan C Valentin
(@jucaval01)
Eminent Member

I like the concept of a cloned Ghatazhak Army, particularly now (dwingdingly numbers). I really hope they find a way to reconstitute their forces.

(@palmer)
Trusted Member

During the Takaran Revolt Didn't the Nobles steel some of the Ghatazhak Cold storage containers, was it ever said that the Ghatazhak in side were awoken, or could they still be in cold storage still? Hide by the Nobles some where?

Zack
(@zack-kenny)
Eminent Member

where the the yabarran ones though?

Juan C Valentin
(@jucaval01)
Eminent Member

Great question. As much as everyone likes the space battles, the need for highly trained assault troops will always be part of military necessity. Thoughout the history of battle, you can shell or bomb a piece of real estate all you want, someone must go in to seize/capture and hold terrain. This has been true throughout history and true in this story.

I mean.. Imagine the Ghatazhak battle sequences like the Jung platform assault and seizure or the assault where they were floating and crushing troops in 0 gravity as the Aurora watched the combat footage?

Imagine watching it on Netflix? That would be incredible!

I know... I'm pushing hard on this topic, but as a vet, this part is near and dear to me and my appeal to this series.

Regardless of what happens, Im sure Ryk will do a great job taking the story where it needs to go.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese