Clear all

Frontiers Saga Game

12 Posts
10 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter
(@aliflo)

Ryk...

You should kickstart a frontiers saga game! Hire some devs and let them do their thing. This is probably the kind of post that annoys you but a frontier saga game would actually be my bæ. Think about it - it doesn't have to be a space simulator, it could be a cutscene heavy telltale-like game. Personally I don't expect this to ever happen (from ryk anyway) but doesn't anyone else think its such a cool idea?

11 Replies
(@four-islands)

I see the FSG character as being one of the first 20 Falcon pilots that arrive into the first Battle Platform(BP) Fight. Hell of a first mission if you ask me. Storming a BP. It could be streched out by needing to do multiple runs at shield arrays / tackling waves of fighters / taking out jump line defeating mines. The Aurora jumping in to take pot shots at opened shield sections would be a nice milestone.

We could have a training mission flying an Eagle during the fall of Earth. Being launched from the Intrepid, fighting Jung Fighters / taking out Jung Landers / attack runs on the frigates/station. Flying cover over the escape pods released over Austraila.

Loading screens could be cold coasts / to catch you up on the next mission.

You could gain rank and be assigned to a Super Falcon, possibly be reassigned to a Fast Attack Ship, or loose rank and be dropped back to flying Combat Shuttles.

The main problem being that as soon as you attack Tau Ceti you are into the realm of spoilers to the story. I would suggest waiting until part 2 is finished to release a game like this as you would have more missions to fly. assuming part 2 will be roughly similar to part 1

(@darkscribe)
Estimable Member

Why not something where you can fly all of them? And why not something that has it's own storyline? It doesn't necessarily have to follow the books. You could start out piloting a combat shuttle jumping in to deliver and retrieve Ghatazhak or as the crew chief of the shuttle manning the turret on top and taking shots at Jung troops and vehicles while the Ghatazhak deploy from/retreat to your shuttle. Then the next mission you could be flying a Super Eagle or Super Falcon before being promoted to a Fast Attack Ship. The final mission(s) could be you having to pilot the Aurora itself into battle.

(@four-islands)

I think that it could be cool to participate in every role in a battle, ie play through a battle from the point of view of an Eagle / Falcon / Combat shuttle / fast attack ship / Aurora, possibly while switching between roles in the battle or just for the replay factor.

I think it could be cool to 1) scout out Jung forces 2) plot out a battle plan for an engagement 3) Pick which part to play in the battle 4) see how your plan holds up after contact with the enemy while fighting through the engagement.

(@palmer)
Trusted Member

What your describing is Star Citizen, It's just needs Mod-ing so it looks like TFS

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

Funny thing is, the Frontiers Saga began as a 'Star Citizen' like game called 'Frontiers'. The Saga was one of the potential story lines that could be played. Each of the characters, (Nathan, Vlad, Cameron, Jessica, Josh, Loki, Telles, etc...) are all roles that the player could choose to play as. I worked on the concept on and off for the better part of a decade, in my spare time. I even tried to teach myself to code. When finances became desperate, the computer game became a book series.

Funny how life works.

(@johnclark)

Wouldn't mind seeing some one turn this into a pen and paper game like D&D

Bart
(@avanti)

Star Citizen has very good potential as @palmer mentioned - recently I was browsing concept art and look what I found - Corinari Fighter look-alike 🙂 Altough it's called Sabre in SC. I'm totally in love with this design.

L.K.
(@derperofworlds)

I'm working on a sci fi game that is partially inspired by your Frontiers Saga series -- hopefully I can get it playable and on steam greenlight in the next few months. Good job on episode 15,

-A programmer and TFS fan

(@edge)

It actually could take place after the Bio-digital plague, but before the Data Ark. Maybe during the Jung rise to power and domination. Or really, it could have two different options: Ta'Akara wars or Jung wars.

(@four-islands)

1) A game ala Cid Meyers for a Colony just after leaving Earth to during its "End days" (they didn't think the Earth would survive)

2) A game ala Star Trek Armada about the Jung trying to attack your system and you fighting them off (the boss battle is a Battle Platform)

3) A MMO game in an alternate realty where the Jung captured the entire Sol system spread the Jump drive tech to all Jung local commanders but then the Empire collapsed from within and each System now has the same Jung blueprints but also they're own stuff and its a free-for-all each player starts off in a random system and has to either build that system up by defending it or help tear it down by defecting or sabotage.

4) Not bothering to make a game for it and just having a different game do a mod for it (look at Star Citizen - if they made a Frontiers Sage Mod that could be epic! ie ships and teams not the characters and story - they have enough to be doing)

(@ajc65)

There is a game out there today that is called STELLARIS.
You can make mods for the game and could totally set up The Frontiers Saga - galaxy.
There are workshops on steam with thousands of mods that People have made for STELLARIS; Mods such as HALO, Sins of the Solar Empire, Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Gate, etc.
I don't have the expertise to create mods, but there are people in the Steam Workshops that may very well be interested in creating the MOD for this stories setting.
Its a great strategy game for anyone who loves the idea of interstellar empire building.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese