Notifications
Clear all

Suggestion: Websitre Revamp

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@aliflo)

Was just thinking maybe the website could get a revamp? Well, not the site, but the UI isn't great - Ryk, you should hire a web dev!

5 Replies
(@olympe)
Trusted Member

I'd like some reworks, too.

First of all, pages take quite long to load - even though I have a good internet connection. (Not company style cutting-edge amazingly good, but good for a home connection.) Also, I have to log in every single time I come here because the "remember me" function's functionality is non-existent. (Since I have cookies enabled and this kind of thing works for me on most other sites, with occasional hiccoughs one only one site I frequent, I assume that the problem isn't on my end.)

Second, I could really do with a different skin. This dark skin with the white/light blue script and accents gives me vision problems, and I keep seeing phantom lines and stuff even for minutes after leaving this site. Which makes me not want to go here all that often.

(@four-islands)

I generally use chrome to view this site - and usually on the one laptop. I do have to log in again if i vew the site from a different computer and log in there or if i clear cookies. most of the time I'm good though, and I don't mind becasue my password auto fills (not always the best idea to do this, but handy!)

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

We are working on a revamp, but it's still a few months out at least. Meanwhile, feel free to give suggestions as to what you want changed.

(@four-islands)

No real suggestions, I kind of like the site as is.

Is there any chance of a Ryk's log for 2016?

(@darkscribe)
Estimable Member

I too believe that the site could use a new skin. It has worked well until now, but I think the site could become more elaborate and have a more professional appearance. It could even have a more "in universe" look to it too. In example, the log in process for the forums could be made to look like a user is logging into an Alliance database.

I wouldn't mind seeing more concept art too. We've seen the Defender-class, Explorer-class, and several other ships. But, I wouldn't mind seeing the new Protector-class, the Cobra gunships (possibly with a graphic comparing it to the old Scout-class so we can see the differences), the Super Eagle (again with a comparison graphic so we can see the differences), the Super Falcon (comparison again), the Jung cruisers, Jung frigates, Port Terra, maybe an aerial view of Porto Santo, perhaps Deliza's corporate shuttle and Captain Navarro's private shuttle. The list could go on.

Something else I wouldn't mind seeing is updated ship patches for the Aurora, Celestia, the Defenders, etc. I hate to say it, but the current patches are very basic and could use a revamp themselves. The present patches have always struck me as generic. Imagine a circular patch for the Aurora with her bow on above the crescent curve of a planet while she has an actual aurora behind her. The Celestia patch could have her seen from the stern as she heads toward a starfield. I can't help but think that the patches should have a more NASA/military feel with each ship receiving its own design.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese