Drones

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@demian)
Trusted Member

Hi Ryk...

Have you ever considered using drones in the plot?

If we currently on Earth are getting them more often and improving fast, I bet these may be a strategic way to cold coast, to do atmosferic recon flights (jump in over a city or nearby, drop drone, jump out, fly, perform the mission at hand and self destruct after a while and/or if captured); eliminate turrets (jump inside the shields of an enemy ship, drop drone, jump out, fly it to the defensive asset, remotely make it explode); even a big drone with mini ZPED to give them more automony; Ghatazhak surveillance for liberation ground forces... etc... etc... etc... not to abuse of the concept, but it could be a nice tech twist to read in the saga...

1 Reply
(@four-islands)

We have comm drones, Jump comm drones and we have KKVs. We have little Takaran cleaning bots on Aurora. We have one time only comm relays for multi-ship jump battles.

We could use drones to explore damaged areas of the ship looking for survivors, we badly need to scan everywhere so jump rec drones would be amazing! All in all I agree with Damian's suggestions.
I understand that it could be assumed that these things are being used and that they are just not being mentioned because its the future, why would they not have drones everywhere?

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese