Clear all

Reapers

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@darkscribe)
Estimable Member

Before the battle at the end of Resurrection, Cameron and her executive officer mention a new type spacecraft, the Reaper. But we never see these spacecraft participating in the battle. Any speculation on what they are? My guess would be some kind of assault craft similar to the Raptors on Battlestar Galactica, leaving the Super Eagles to be dedicated fighters.

6 Replies
(@four-islands)

I would have said they were the jump Fighter Bomber of the Alliance. I figure a 2 pilot ship with twice the ordinance of an Eagle. It's role would be more about delivering more powerful attacks more shielded facilities and ships. And too be fair Cambridge didn't have time to deploy them, or reason to, in resurrection.

(@wotnot)

After reading Rebellion I didn't pay much attention to the description except the bit about having different pods, which gave me the mental image of a smaller Thunderbird 2. Since then I've had Thunderbird 2s flying around during all the scenes they were in.

Hope we get some concept art so i can clear up my mental image 🙂

(@four-islands)

Well thanks for that, Now instead of seeing something like in Battlestar Galactica, I'm seeing little pot-bellied green monstrosities on strings "flying" about on very apparent strings ... "Thunderbirds are go!"

Zack
(@zack-kenny)
Eminent Member

Pretty sure the Reapers are a new design similar to the Falcons, with a multi role aspect built in, and modular mission specific components swapped out, i havent re-read that for a while, but dont they have recon, assault, and troop carrying modules?

(@four-islands)

It makes more since to build a ship around a purpose then to repurpose a ship. The falcon was a great testbed for jump multirole fighter, but the Super Falcon and then the Reaper would have been massively more appropriate for the Alliance needs as determined by command. Cannot wait to see them properly in action (again - I need a reread)

(@kgb08)

The Reaper has a more unique look than the Falcon and has a center detachable "drop pod" similar to the same type of functioning as a Sikorsky Skycrane.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese