Clear all

Jung Frigate Conversion

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@darkscribe)
Estimable Member

We can probably assume that the Jung Frigates that are almost completed in the Alliyanna Shipyards above Sorenson in Tau Ceti will be upgraded to Alliance standards. We can further assume that that will mean the addition of shields and the stripping of their FTL systems for replacing with a jump drive. More than likely they will have their missile batteries and railguns removed and replaced with plasma weaponry. But, what else do you think will be done to them?

6 Replies
(@four-islands)

Culling the Guns & Missile launcher, ammo bumps, FTL drives, half the propellent storage, half the standard cargo space and some of the recreational spaces allows for a lot of room for improvements. I like the idea of keeping a Flight deck if at all possible but with Combat Jumpers and Jump Troop ships and Boxcars, I question the need for space on Frigates for large numbers of combat craft (four frigates joined into a space port of sorts and launched troop ships Ep.8). Cut the Troop space add greater Fighter and Fighter support facilities.

I figure that they will add Jump drive, Shields, 360 degrees of Point defense MK1's / offensive MK2's plasma cannons, Forward & Back facing MK 3's, Broadside MK4's. I would cut the combat shuttles and load with Super Eagles for delivery and collection at combat zones. (I'm assuming here that Super Eagles will have limited Jump capability if at all due to space requirements).

With Fast attack ships deploying the JKKV's I would question adding JMMV Launchers to Frigates (it would be propellant heavy and the modifications that it would require are large compared to a small return) However if we have access to the standard KKV's then I would be all for loading a few on the frigates for deployment as needed.

(@palmer)
Trusted Member

First things first fit them with jump drives get them to Sol to the Karuzara there you technicians we strip them down I would take out as many of the systems as you can but especial computers and weapons.

I as computers because you don't know what kind of back doors the Jung have in there systems, this is also why I wouldn't trust the systems at Alliyana shipyards they are Jung built. it needs to be gone over first for intelligence second it need to be retro fir to support alliance ships.

(@palmer)
Trusted Member

In my mind each clan leader as well as Jung command has control codes for each ship, ones that cannot be over written or changed, so far the alliance either hasn't sent a Jung capture ship against it's own clan leader, or that clan leader as been killed as Jung command doesn't know the alliance as one of it's ships hasn't sent out the captured ships control codes to the other clan leaders.

(@four-islands)

Clever @Palmer, Clever. The Tannan's would not know this because those systems would have been above they're pay grade / The Former Jung of Tau Ceti might know but it is doubtful as they couldn't have been very high ranked to be stranded on Tau Ceti.

(@palmer)
Trusted Member

I Doubt any but the ship captains and up would really know. I just think it's skilly to leave a Computers which you did not install into a warship. I can understand if they cut corners with the 2 captured battle ships. there are another back doors in to a system anyhow even one you built but remember how the takaran's took down the computers on cornair. and I expect one of the first things they did when re building their military was to replace as much of the computer systems as the could.

(@four-islands)

I've been thinking about it and one of the first things the Alliance should do with their Frigates and Battleship is to rewire the power supply of the Jung ships to a more Internal & Protected part of the ship. I for one would hate to loose power every time someone shoots a hole in the side of my ship.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese