Notifications
Clear all

The Jung

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@leonid480)

I'm enjoying your saga. I had some problems with a couple episodes that I explained in my Amazon reviews but you're back on track. The world you created is the strongest attribute as far as I see it. Unraveling the reality behind the Jung: Perhap a back step (or slide) with a trilogy on the origins of the Jung? Might create some sympathy for their side before you, or rather captain Scott, completely anihilate them from this dimension of space. Might spur your development of further episodes along the main timeline.
Personally I believe your stories might suffer a tad from the rate you are putting them out. But I shouldn't complain. I have had the continuous pleasure of one of your books every month via Amazon Prime since it was recommended through one of their promotional e-mails. (But honestly, especially that one episode had me doubting)
But you've created such a believable future scenerio that I cannot stop, you could create extremely interesting multiple story lines out of this future of your imagination.

4 Replies
(@green-phoenix)
Eminent Member

Hey Has anyone thought that the conversation betwen the jung General and Govonr Scot has a few clues about the jung Homeworld ?? because i was rereading it and noticetd that their were some clues about the jung thatn their home world must be in some type of metallic Cloud System that is on the edge of the fringe and had another colony nearby and that they a dictatorship

(@four-islands)

Its easily possible that the General Lied about his Homeworld. It is important to note that most Jung are tall with stronger then average legs, as that hints to a world with stronger gravity the earth. that should help narrow it down. But they could have been living in a hollow asteroid that spins at faster then 1G.

The fact that the Jung use a lauguage that combines many others is suggestive of a more open culture probably from before they began they're conquest of the Core. Why would such an inclusive culture innitiate massive attacks on others???

I would suggest that the World that the Jung were trying to scratch out a living on was attacked by "pirates" and made unlivable. using the ship that brought them to the Jung world they sought out their attackers to revenge themselves and take back what was stolen from them... but it wasn't enough to correct the damage that had been done to them, and no other colonies in the area were willing to give enough aid. So the Jung attacked them and took what was needed. Denial of what they were becoming from the elders, and the conditioning of those who were younger, began something that the Jung leaders couldn't stop. and as the Jung leaders changed they haven't looked back.

(@germanman)

Have the Jung women also?
I am amazed that so far none showed up in the episodes.

But maybe is this just a surprise in one of the next episodes - Nathan meets a young Jung woman and and finds with her his true love ...

(@goose)
Eminent Member

@Aidan,

I thought that the General's longer legs were a result of selective breeding/manipulation for the world on which he was born because it was marshy and that he had never been to the homeworld, I could be wrong on some or all of these points but that's the way I read it.

In terms of "openness", I don't think that is what drove the conglomerate language. The Tannans made it clear the Jung are not innovators, but simply absorb the tech of whomever they conquer. If this were from a beginning of a diverse group of outcasts (or even Pirates themselves) it would explain the language. Also, a diverse, desperate group of refugees.

@greenphoenix,

I like the metallic cloud thing. Seems perhaps that was where they originally hid and/or launched their attacks from. Especially if it could be charged from orbit or the surface to make the planet effectively hidden.

Goose

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese