Clear all

Thank you!

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@aliflo)

Hi Ryk.

I'm sure you get posts like this a lot, in fact, probably stating exactly what I just did, but I think that if I was an author, I'd want every spark of encouragement I could get.

Your books are amazing. Simply put, thats why I'm here. The level of imagination, work, effort, time you must have put in is phenomenal. Thank you for that.

Secondly, your story is most intruiging. Thankyou for choosing writing over jobs that might have (although, from the way you describe the reccession probably wouldnt have) paid better.

Finally, here's an odd one. Thankyou for putting it on Kindle unlimited! I've heard stories about how Unlimited partnerships are horrible for the author, and I dearly hope thats not the case for you, but I wouldn't be able to read your amazing books if they weren't on unlimited.

Thankyou Ryk Brown!

4 Replies
Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

Aliflo,

You're right, it's always nice to hear. I'm particularly happy to hear the comments about Kindle Unlimited. Going back into KU was a difficult decision for me, and I would not have done it had it not been for the promises from my Amazon rep that big changes were on the horizon at the time. Now that they are paying us for pages read instead of a flat fee, it is more financially fair across the board for all authors, myself included. I still believe there are issues that need to be improved with KU, but I have far more confidence in it going forward.

Ryk

(@jagrm0311)

I completely agree with Aliflo. Ryk, your books are fantastic. I am totally hooked by your amazing storytelling. I always anticipate your book releases and just want to express my gratitude to you because sci-fi can be difficult but you have perfected it. And like I said before, your storytelling!

(@kis1)

Yet another in complete agreement with aliflo, I too am a KU user and would be heartbroken if I couldn't get the books I do through it. Still not clear on the whole idea of how they pay you, I was under the impression that it was by the page count, but I have also heard that for the author to get paid, the book had to show as 100% finished. This I've already contacted Amazon about, since there are several books that only show as 99%, no matter what you do to try to get it to show 100%. I was told by Amazon that it had something to do on the authors end. I just hope you're getting all the revenue for all the episodes I've downloaded and am currently reading.

I started the Episode 1-3 two days ago, and have just started Episode 4 today, so thanks for the sleepless nights and I'm sure there will be several more until I've caught up to you.

(@njjediz2)

Hi Ryk, Aliflo, Jim & Kelly,
I thought I'd throw a little guideline on how I use KU so that others who come across this string can do the right thing by the authors they love.
Since all Amazon authors

always

get paid more for a direct purchase of their book, and since I don't necessarily want to pay the full Kindle price to check out a new author or new book series, I will typically download the first book in the series through KU and if I like that book or author, I will buy all subsequent books in the series or by that author at the regular Kindle price.
I realize that not everybody can necessarily afford to use this process, especially if they are avid readers like me - BUT - the regular Kindle book prices are very reasonable (usually well under $7) and the revenue difference for the authors is significant enough that the really good authors can make writing their primary source of income.
So as a Yuuuuge fan of Ryk's and the Frontier Saga Series - I propose that all of us Ryk Brown readers and fans should have as our Motto - SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE AUTHORS BY BUYING THEIR BOOKS!
Ryk, Keep up the fanstasmagorically excellent work and I for one (of thousands) am jonesing for book #6. In the meanwhile, I might just go back and read the entire series for the second time during my upcoming summer vacation just cause I need something to keep my mind busy while I vegge by the pool! Thanks for doing what you do and doing it so very well!! I imagine people will be reading this series for decades if not centuries to come. Hmmm, maybe even Nathan might pick it up in a few mellenia after they re-open the data ark, now wouldn't that be a trip?
- Jed

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese