Clear all

How much should I reveal on this site?

28 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
 Bill
(@trekfan1984)

Ryk,
Just finished book 1 & what a ride, going to get book 2 soon! I personally don't want to see character's photos or drawings. I recall seeing The Hunt for Red October as a movie before reading it & I see Sean Connery as Marko Ramius every time I re-read it, no matter what! Part of the experience is letting the reader use their imagination as you are no doubt aware.
Ship designs would be nice though. As a Trekkie I love technical manuals...
Also would like to see T-shirts or patches offered for sale if that can be done, the designs are cool. I understand the books come first though. Again thanks for the great first book.

Admin
Topic starter
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

Thanks Bill,

For now, I've decided not to reveal any faces as I see them, for just the reasons you suggest. Ship designs and star charts? Hell yes.

Ryk

Gary
(@gbone)
Estimable Member

Mr Brown,
Sweeping panaramas or shakey cam?

(@ericnay)
Reputable Member

Gary, a related question might be "lens flare or no lens flare?" 😉

Admin
Topic starter
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

Gary: There is a place for both, depending on the scene.

Eric: No lens flare. Cheap and distracting. (And WAY over used by a certain director.)

(@ericnay)
Reputable Member

I just was re-watching the 2000s Battlestar Galactica series. It reminded me how immediate and interesting that style of representing space flight is. It truly was (and still is) eye-catching.

And then tonight I was flipping the dial and came across Armageddon. Wow. Some great visuals, but man, it made me embarrassed for having once worked for the film industry. Big, Loud, and Dumb, that's how we make 'em!

BSG especially makes me wonder what Ryk's universe could look like. Lens flare not needed. 🙂

(@asylum)

It would be awesome to see a rendered visualization of the interior of aurora.

BOrg
(@davidj)
Trusted Member

I'm with Robert Shepard on the rendered ship models. No Majel Barrett computer voice though. 😉

(@frank)

Please, no spoilers about plots, or character backgrounds, I like to have them revealed via the story line. I personally like to imagine what the characters look like from the brief descriptions.

(@waynedcam)

I have an idea.. just write your episodes here and we will follow along... LOL

(@shanaren)

Really, I think anything is too much. The suspense is seriously killing me though! Once a new episode comes out, I usually finish it in less than two days. I've re-read the entire saga four times already in between episode releases because I enjoy the story so much. So, hurry up and work out the production kinks because I need my next fix! 🙂

(@swordedge)
Estimable Member

Really, I think anything is too much. The suspense is seriously killing me though! Once a new episode comes out, I usually finish it in less than two days. I’ve re-read the entire saga four times already in between episode releases because I enjoy the story so much. So, hurry up and work out the production kinks because I need my next fix! :-)

2 days? You have discipline. I read book 11 in about 6.5 hours on a kindle. That translates to something like 73 pages per hour.

(@gdixon)

Just enough to keep the "OMG!! I cannot Wait!!!" level of anticipation...

Page 2 / 2
Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese