Notifications
Clear all

concept art requests

14 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@asylum)

I would really like to see an illustration of what we should imagine the Ta akar capitol ships look like. Specifically the campaglia and the ahndevahl (I apologize if I misspell). Another thing that would be really cool would to see an illustration of the kalibri gunships and the jump shuttle...

Thanks.

13 Replies
(@laine)

I secOnd that!!

Topic starter
(@asylum)

And could we maybe get an illustration of the Jung battle platform on here as well?

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

We're currently working on the various shuttle variants that the Aurora is using. They should be up soon. The battle platform is planned for the cover of book 12, so it won't be on the website until that book is released.

Ryk

(@christh)
Trusted Member

Love the change of cover page with the OAP and the Aurora and Celestia but there is one major utoh. the OAP is described as long octagonal shaped trusswork, and yet in the art it is square. the text quote is 1402 location book one.

BOrg
(@davidj)
Trusted Member

I don't think that's the OAP.

(@ericnay)
Reputable Member

Ryk has explained that the size of the Jung Empire in both distance and years leads to differences in capabilities of their warcraft. Some have shields, some don't, some have better warp speeds, some are slower. I think you'd have to take this to the logical conclusion and surmise that the designs here, at least regarding Jung ships, are merely single ship designs. Any Battle Platform could have been built at a different shipyards from another, and could have been built 100 years apart as well.

So as to designs, Ryk maintains the ultimate Author's Prerogative - he can change anything he wants at any time! 🙂

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

@Chris. Uh, Oops?

(I swear, you guys no my stuff better than I do!)

(@admin)
Eminent Member

Front page image has been revised. Thanks for pointing that out.

(@swordedge)
Estimable Member

I'd like to see the Eagle Terran fighters. Put all of the fighters to scale next to each other and the Aurora

(@christh)
Trusted Member

you should have seen my letter to anne mccaffrey on wrong dragon names with certain riders in the pern books. never got a reply before she passed though.

(@mcdiel)

Can we get some pictures of the Earth uniforms? And maybe some rank patches, if they don't use the classical ones.

(@green-phoenix)
Eminent Member

I second that

(@mikeg)
Trusted Member

How about the hangers of the asteroid base? something like a sketch of someone (nathan) looking through a view port into the hanger as a ship is being built/repair.

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese