Notifications
Clear all

After finishing 15...(spoilers possible)

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@areios1)

So I began reading the frontiers saga right before "head of the Dragon" came out. And I was instantly hooked. Now, after...what, 4 years almost? Well now we've come to an end, at least and end of this part. What that means, no one is really sure. But let me say this, I live for these books. I love every little detail of them. I love the characters, the worlds, the technology. The history and all of it. For all that, I say THANK YOU RYK BROWN. I've become quite emotionally invested in the series for sure. Honestly, I cried at the end of 15. Twice.

So now I've decided that there HAS to be a TV show made from part 1. I just....it would be so cool!! Ryk, if you're reading this, tell me: have you yet been appoached by the film industry?

3 Replies
(@four-islands)

There is a tread out there about Frontiers sage as a series of movies/as a ten part miniseries/a TV Show. What with the way people age, I imagine 5 years of 10-15 hour miniseries would work well

I would wait until Part 5 was finished/near completion and if the readership figures are at high (50 million readers or so) then there might be enough of a return on the conversion to tv/big screen to make the adaption viable. Don't want to end up with something like Jupiter Ascending where absolutely no one knew what was happening...

Admin
(@rykbrown)
Illustrious Member

@Areios: Thanks. I cried too, when I was writing it. (Heck, I got misty writing the outline of the last scene.)

I was contacted by a well connected film producer around episode 4. We are still in contact. Hollywood moves very slowly, and I for one, do not mind. I am so afraid of them screwing it up. My agent thinks I should wait until the fan base is so large that we can demand creative control and any payment we want. But I just want to make sure the vision remains the same.

Oh, and a Honda Jet. I want a Honda Jet.

Topic starter
(@areios1)

@RykBrown

That's good to hear! And it does make sense to wait until the fan base has grown. I'll definitely do my part to get the word out about these books!

Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese