Clear all

--Official-- Website/Forum Change Log

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@admin)
Eminent Member

The following list is a continuing list of changes and additions that are being made to the website. This post will be updated appropriately at a rate of about once a week. If you're wondering if a certain problem has been addressed please check this list for a list of updates. We take all forum and website feedback seriously.

The Frontiers Saga Web Team

-- 2/20/14 --
Fixed β€” Various color abnormalities.
Fixed β€” Resizing of background image on different resolutions.
Enhancement β€” @ mention address added to sidebar for ease of use.
Enhancement β€” Dynamic footer copyright year.
Updates β€” Various forum updates.

-- 12/3/13 --
Fixed β€” Various images changes and updates.
Enhancement β€” Added β€œSubmit a Comment” directly to Ryk’s Log with an indicator of number of comments currently published.
Enhancement β€” External links will be pushed to new tab (with Java enabled browsers).
Enhancement β€” Enabled additional spam prevention measures to help prevent spam and allow spam reporting directly.

-- 11/3/13 --
Enhancement β€” Graphics changes across the site.
Enhancement β€” Added comments form to single log pages for direct commenting on log posts.
Enhancement β€” Added Facebook link to bottom of site.

-- 10/28/13 --
Fixed β€” Colors on private messages for readability.
Fixed β€” All links will underline within post text for visibility.
Fixed β€” Changed various text box colors for readability.
Enhancement β€” Added β€œviews” to user bar for ease of finding latest topics, unread topics, and more.
Enhancement β€” BBCode implemented for use.
β€”A list of all the possible codes for those unfamiliar is being written.
Enhancement β€” Implemented new spam prevention methods to detect and prevent spam and spam registrations.

-Various updates to quoting system.
-Updates to visual components and colors.
-CSS tweaks and update fixes.
-Private message limitations and better spam handling protocol.

18 Replies
Topic starter
(@admin)
Eminent Member

11/3/13 β€”
Enhancement β€” Graphics changes across the site.
Enhancement β€” Added comments form to single log pages for direct commenting on log posts.
Enhancement β€” Added Facebook link to bottom of site.

12/3/13 β€”
Fixed β€” Various images changes and updates.
Enhancement β€” Added β€œSubmit a Comment” directly to Ryk’s Log with an indicator of number of comments currently published.
Enhancement β€” External links will be pushed to new tab (with Java enabled browsers).
Enhancement β€” Enabled additional spam prevention measures to help prevent spam and allow spam reporting directly.

(@ericnay)
Reputable Member

I only use the "Recent Topics" view. Other views make it too hard to find categories that make sense to me.

(@wolfman)
Trusted Member

Is there still going to be a "Star Chart" of the territory traveled by Aurora going up soon? Would REALLY like to see how you come up with that!!! πŸ™‚

(@ericnay)
Reputable Member

Hey Ryk, do you use Twitter? That would be a good way to announce something like a new book or a new diagram going up.

I searched and found three twitter handles that might be yours, but none of them have sent anything out yet.

Mor
(@mordin)
Trusted Member

I hate how the quotes dry fucking the text after them. If possible to update the forum css code, please add a little margin-top to the quote class.

Gary
(@gbone)
Estimable Member

Hey Ryk, do you use Twitter? That would be a good way to announce something like a new book or a new diagram going up.

I searched and found three twitter handles that might be yours, but none of them have sent anything out yet.

Wait, I would have to use my twitter account. Oh no.

Topic starter
(@admin)
Eminent Member

@mordin We will take a look at it and see about making the quote margins better. Thanks for the feedback!

The Frontiers Saga Web Team

Mor
(@mordin)
Trusted Member

FYI I am using a css addon for chrome and this worked quite well for me:

p + div.et_quote {
  margin-top:27px
}

It worked even better with

#posts p, .post_full p {
  padding-top: 5px;
}

But the later might cause issues, although I encountered none.

(@hans)
Eminent Member

Hi Admin,

It seems that there is a problem when you use the quote option in the forum's comments. Check out my last post and you'll see the problem.

Is it a site's misconfiguration, a bbpress bug or a site's theme incompatibility?

If the latter, I would recommend you to look into the more modern themes. Canvas by Woo themes, from my experience is a quite good framework and is quite flexible. Just a suggestion.

H

(@goose)
Eminent Member

Patch Designs do not display on IE9

(@nickel)

Patch Designs do not display on IE9

they display fine on the current version of ie, so perhaps you should consider finally upgrading to ie11? πŸ™‚

(@goose)
Eminent Member

Perhaps. However, the only place I use IE at all is on my work laptop. Bank of America is picky about people putting software on their machines. In fact, were that not the case, I would have Chrome there as well. And before you say I should wait to get home...none of us on this forum really have the patience to wait.

(@four-islands)

Agreed, I check from the shower... Fyi I need a new phone.

(@swordedge)
Estimable Member

Agreed, I check from the shower… Fyi I need a new phone.

Your phone would still work if you didn't use it in the shower!!!

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Click to access the login or register cheese